INFORMATION ON THE GLOBAL PRIVACY OF MERIPAC.IT – SUMMARY
MeriPac.it di Antonio Morlino (hereafter “MeriPac”) is aware of how important privacy is for customers and strives to be clear about how they collect, process, disclose, transfer and store personal data.
This Privacy Statement applies to any device, website, Customer Service platform or other MeriPac online application that references or contains a link to the Privacy Notice (collectively the “Services”). This Privacy Statement applies regardless of whether you use a computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, a television, a home appliance or another smart device to access the Services. This Statement also includes Customer Support for such devices, websites or online applications.
- Data collected by MeriPac
- Use of user data
- Sharing of user data
- Protection of user data
- User rights
- Cookies, beacons and similar technologies
- Plug-in of social networks
Data collected by MeriPac
MeriPac collects various types of information in connection with the Services, including:
- information provided directly by the user to MeriPac;
- data collected by MeriPac on the use that the user makes of the Services and
- information obtained from third parties.
Use and sharing of information
MeriPac uses the information collected, among other purposes, for:
- provide the Services requested by the user;
- understand the way in which the user uses the Services, in order to improve them;
- to better understand their customers in order to offer the most relevant communications, services and experiences; and
- to provide personalized content and advertising with the user’s specific consent where required.
MeriPac can share user information with:
- Service providers, ie companies that provide services in the name or on behalf of MeriPac.
- Law enforcement agencies, when MeriPac is obligated and in order to protect itself and its users.
More information on specific products and services
- This Privacy Statement applies to all of our Services, but we will provide you with certain privacy supplements containing additional information on the procedures used in connection with particular Services, where necessary. These additions apply to the use of the relevant Services by the user.
MeriPac.it di Antonio Morlino
Via Girolamo Calvanese, 35 – 71121 Foggia (FG)
INFORMATION ON THE GLOBAL PRIVACY OF MERIPAC
Date of entry into force: 25 May 2018
This Privacy Statement applies to all of our Services, but we will provide you with certain privacy supplements that contain additional information about the procedures used in connection with particular Services, where necessary. These additions apply to the use of the relevant Services by the user.
DATA COLLECTED BY MERIPAC
Information provided directly by the user
Some Services allow the user to provide certain information directly to MeriPac. For example:
- Numerous Services allow users to create accounts or profiles (not yet scheduled on our site). In relation to such Services, MeriPac will ask the user to provide certain information concerning him in order to create the account or profile. For example, when creating an account, the user sends certain personal data, such as name, date of birth and e-mail address.
- If you order a paid product or service, MeriPac will ask you to provide your name, address, billing and shipping address (s), and credit card details in order to process the order.
- When you contact Customer Services about a product or service, to request information or file a complaint, MeriPac will collect your account information regarding the service requested. The data collected will be the name and surname and, depending on the nature of the request, could also include the domicile, telephone number, e-mail address and identification of the device.
- If the user agrees to share the data in the address book with MeriPac, the telephone numbers of the people on the list will be collected by MeriPac to facilitate the sharing of files and the exchange of messages with such names. The user can refuse by sending an email to [email protected] or on https://www.meripac.it/?lang=en#contact-us.
Data stored by MeriPac
- Backup di tutti file contenuti sui server del sito web realizzato, o app o software.
Information on the use of the Services by the user
In addition to the data provided by the user, MeriPac will collect data on the use of the Services by the user through the software on his device and / or other means. Data collected by MeriPac:
- Access information, for example diagnostics, technical data, errors and usage information such as time and duration of use of the Service, terms of search queries entered through the Services and any information stored in cookies installed on the user’s device. Please visit the website (https://www.meripac.it/cookie-policy/?lang=en) for more information about cookies.
Information obtained from third parties
Within the limits of the law, MeriPac can receive information about the user from publicly available sources and commercial and combine it with other information received about the user or by the latter (for example through the use of plugins installed on their site). MeriPac may also obtain information about the user from third-party social network services if the user chooses to connect to these services.
Other data collected by MeriPac
MeriPac may also collect other information regarding the user, his device or the use of the services in the manner described at the point of collection or in any other way with his specific consent.
You may choose not to provide certain types of information, such as those required during account registration, but this may affect your ability to use certain Services. MeriPac will provide the relevant information at the time of collection so that the user can make an informed decision.
USE OF USER DATA
MeriPac will use the data it collects for the following purposes:
- register the user or his device for a Service;
- provide a Service or a function requested by the user;
- provide customized content and services based on the user’s previous activities on the MeriPac Services with their specific consent if required;
- for advertising purposes, for example to provide the user with personalized advertising, sponsored content and send promotional communications with their specific consent if required;
- evaluate and analyze the MeriPac market and its customers, products, advertising campaigns and services to better understand, through statistical processing where necessary, MeriPac customers in order to offer them communications, services and the most relevant experience for them.
- ask the user to express their opinion about the products and services and conduct customer surveys with their specific consent if required;
- know the way in which users use the Services, in order to develop new products and services and improve existing ones;
- provide maintenance and support services for the website, app or user software;
- facilitate the delivery of software updates, apps and websites;
- conduct free sweepstakes or promotions, in accordance with the law e
- in another way with the specific consent of the user.
The user has several choices regarding the ways in which MeriPac can use the information concerning him. You can express your choices about receiving promotional communications from MeriPac by registering initially and, if you change your mind, by following the instructions to unsubscribe included in the communication. Furthermore, the user can express his preferences by changing the settings relating to specific Services or
when he receives notice, or by visiting the relevant Web pages. The user can also contact us ([email protected]) if you need assistance with the choices available.
SHARING USER DATA
MeriPac may disclose user data to the relevant offices within the company, such as, by way of example, the “customer services” office, the legal department, the administrative office, the sales office and, if the user has chosen to receive commercial messages, the marketing department. MeriPac may also disclose user information to the following entities, only to the extent that this is necessary for the performance of the Services:
- Service provider. MeriPac may also disclose user data to carefully selected companies that provide services for us or on our behalf, such as companies that collaborate with MeriPac for the purchase of Hosting, which deal with customer contact centers, support activities to customers, advertising, customer satisfaction surveys, billing, or sending e-mails on behalf of MeriPac. These entities are limited, on the basis of contractual provisions, in the possibility of using such data for purposes other than the provision of services on behalf of MeriPac.
- Other parties required by law or necessary to protect MeriPac Services. Situations may occur in which MeriPac communicates user information to third parties:
- to comply with the law or to respond to mandatory legal action, for example a search warrant or other court order;
- to verify or ensure compliance with the criteria governing the Services and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of MeriPac or any of its commercial partners or customers.
- Other parties related to company operations. MeriPac can communicate user data to third parties in the context of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of bankruptcy.
PROTECTION OF USER DATA
MeriPac takes the protection of user data seriously and has taken appropriate technical and physical measures to protect the information collected in connection with the Services. However, note that although MeriPac takes reasonable precautions to protect information, no website, internet transmission, computer or wireless connection is completely secure.
The user has the right to request details of his personal data collected by MeriPac and to ask MeriPac to correct any inaccuracies in such data, to oppose the processing of personal data or to request the restriction, and to request access to their personal data or their cancellation or portability. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, MeriPac may refuse to respond to requests that are unreasonably repetitive, requiring disproportionate technical effort, which jeopardize the privacy of others, which are extremely impractical or for which access is not foreseen by local law. To request access to data concerning him, please contact: [email protected].
MeriPac will not store your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. This means that data will be destroyed or deleted from MeriPac systems when they are no longer needed.
MeriPac adopts appropriate measures to ensure that your data is processed and
stored according to the following principles:
- at least for the time necessary to provide a service to the user;
- in accordance with the law, a contract or regarding MeriPac’s legal obligations; or
- only for the time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they are collected, processed, or for a longer time, if it is required under a contract, by applicable law or for statistical purposes, provided they are subject to adequate protection.
COOKIES, BEACONS AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other user devices. They allow the entity that installed them on the device to recognize you on different websites, services, devices and / or browsing sessions. Cookies have various uses. For example:
- can store access credentials so that it is not necessary to enter them every time you connect to a service;
- allow MeriPac and third parties to understand which parts of the most used services are, since they detect the pages visited and the functionalities used by visitors and how much time they spend on them. By studying this information, MeriPac can adapt the Services and provide a better user experience.
- allow MeriPac and third parties to understand which advertisements have been viewed, so as not to always propose the same every time the user accesses the Service;
- allow MeriPac and third parties to provide relevant content and advertising, collecting information on its use of the Services, other websites and applications.
When using a web browser to access the Services, the user can configure the browser to accept or reject all cookies, or to be notified when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, therefore, to know how to change your preferences regarding cookies, it is advisable to consult the “Help” menu of your browser. The operating system of the device may provide additional controls related to cookies.
Note, however, that some Services are designed to work with cookies and that, disabling them, these Services may be unusable, in whole or in part.
MeriPac uses the following types of cookies on its websites:
that allow the user to order products and receive services from our websites;
that allow MeriPac to analyze website performance and design and detect errors. For example, this type of cookie allows MeriPac to recognize that the user has already visited our website before and shows which sections of the site are most visited allowing MeriPac to see which pages visitors visit most often and how much time they spend on every page. To this end, MeriPac uses, without limitation, Google Analytics, Adobe and similar analytical cookies.
For example, the information generated by cookies about the use of the site will normally be stored on a Google server in the United States. However, if you are in the EU or in the European Economic Area, your IP address will first be shortened by Google. Only in exceptional cases will the full address of the user be transmitted to the Google server in the United States and shortened there. Google, on behalf of MeriPac, will use this information to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by the user’s browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be associated with other data held by Google. The user can prevent the data on the use of the Web (including its own IP address) generated by the cookie are transmitted to Google and processed there by downloading and installing this browser plug-in (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
For more information about other service providers, contact: [email protected].
that allow MeriPac to offer you a better experience. For example, this type of cookie ensures that the information displayed on the user’s next visit on the MeriPac website matches his or her preferences, or the account from which he or she has connected to the MeriPac website, or the fact that he or she has connected to the site. Web MeriPac through an e-mail sent by meriPac or by a trusted third-party service provider who contacts him on behalf of MeriPac.
that allow MeriPac and its carefully selected partners to send advertising to the user or contact him directly, if he has given a specific consent to such communications, which correspond to his interests, for example by gathering information on the products he has searched for or ordered on the MeriPac website. For example, and without limitations, MeriPac uses Google’s remarketing tags to allow partner resellers to advertise products that the user has searched on the MeriPac website. For more information on how Google remarketing tags work, click here: http://www.google.co.uk/think/products/newremarketing–tag.html.
The MeriPac website may also display content from a third-party website or service, which may result in the storage of third-party cookies on the hard drive or in the user’s browser. MeriPac does not control the storage of these cookies and the user must consult the privacy statement of the relevant third party for further information.
Other local memorials
In connection with the Services, MeriPac and certain third parties may use other local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Object, or LSO (also called “Flash cookies”) and local HTML5 storage. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above, as they are stored on the user’s device and allow to store certain information about his activities and preferences. However, these are technologies that use parts of the device that are different from those of normal cookies and therefore may not be controllable using normal browser settings and tools. For information on how to disable or delete information contained in Flash cookies, click here http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
Beacon and/or pixel
MeriPac and certain third parties can also use technologies called beacon, or pixels, that communicate information from the user’s device to a server. Beacons and pixels can be integrated into online content, videos and e-mails and can allow a server to read certain types of information from the user’s device, to know when the user has viewed a particular content or e-mail message and to determine the time and date when the beacon and pixels were displayed, in addition to the IP address of the device. MeriPac and certain third parties use beacons and pixels for various purposes, including analysis of the use of the Services and, in combination with cookies, to provide more relevant content and advertising to the user.
When the user accesses and uses our Services (with the exception of websites provided by third-party service providers), he will be asked for a specific consent for the storage of cookies (which includes other storage technologies, beacons, pixels, and other information on the user’s device). The user will also be asked for specific consent for the access of these cookies (which includes local storage technologies, beacons, pixels and information) by MeriPac and the aforementioned third parties. The user’s experience with our website / our Services may be affected if they do not accept cookies; further information will be provided to the user when MeriPac requests this specific consent.
PLUG-IN OF THE SOCIAL NETWORK (ONLY IN CASE WHERE THEY ARE INSTALLED)
MeriPac services use social network plug-ins (“plug-ins”). When the user uses a Service that contains plug-ins, the direct transfer of information from the user’s device to the social network operator can occur. MeriPac does not control the data collected by the plug-in in any way. If the user has logged into the social network, the use of the MeriPac Service may be related to the user’s social network account. If the user interacts with the plug-ins, for example by clicking “Like”, “Follow” or “Share”, or enter a comment, the information can automatically appear in his social network profile. Even if the user has not logged in to their social network account, the plug-in can transmit the user’s IP address to social network operators. Take the above into account when using the MeriPac Services.
The following are information on the social network operators of the plug-ins used in the MeriPac Services (“Operators”):
Plug-in operators used in the MeriPac Services
The user who is a member of one or more of the social networks indicated below and who does not wish the Operator to associate the data concerning the use of the MeriPac Services to the registration data already filed by the Operator, must disconnect from the social networks before using our Services.
Holder of the processing of personal data: Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). For more information, visit the website with the Google Facebook Privacy Statement on the page https://www.google.com/privacy”.
Holder of the processing of personal data: Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (“Twitter”). For more information, visit the website with the Twitter Privacy Statement on the page “https://twitter.com/privacy”.
For specific questions, please contact MeriPac (EU Data Controller) at the address:
MeriPac.it di Antonio Morlino
Via Girolamo Calvanese, 35
71121 Foggia (FG)
The user can also contact MeriPac at the address: [email protected]. To exercise your rights to access, rectification, cancellation / deletion, opposition, restriction of processing or portability.
You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data by MeriPac violates applicable law. The contact details of all the EU Supervisory Authorities are available here: